This is a blog about our journey – from London, UK to Sydney, Australia ‘overland’, ‘without flying’ and on a budget. Basically we went the whole journey without once boarding an aircraft.
We could give so many reasons, but here are the obvious ones:
• slow travel at a human scale, is far more human!
• the environmental impact of flying is horrific
• the journey is as much a part of the experience as the destination
• the transitions between cultures and climates was more in context as we moved gradually, rather than entering the time capsule of flying across the world in a single day
• look at our blog! We had an amazing experience only possible by travelling this way
From boarding the Northern Line at Elephant & Castle to camping across the deserts of the outback it was a challenge that we loved.
So, we hope you enjoy the blog, and perhaps it might even be a source of information for anyone wishing to do something similar.
X Chloé & Stephen X
Ps. We also owe much thanks to The Man in Seat 61, who has been source of information and inspiration. See http://www.seat61.com/